I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Below please find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Please feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team.
Have a safe and healthy week!
- Apps That Help You Stop Procrastinating and Start Being Productive – Whether you are overwhelmed by a busy schedule or just someone who gets easily distracted, these are some apps that can keep you on track.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to End Pandemic Fights with Your Partner – The intensity of constant togetherness and the added pressures resulting from COVID-19 can be overwhelming for many couples right now. This piece shares some ways to think differently about how to resolve your disagreements.
- Mom Shame and the Pandemic – This is a wonderful piece about the heaviness of the decision’s parents are facing about how to educate their children this fall. No matter what choice you make, most families are feeling like they are failing.
- Retirement savings accounts: The differences and what’s best for you. Just like there are a lot of ways to spend your time in retirement, there are also a lot of ways to save for retirement—even beyond the common 401(k). Whether you’re just starting out on your savings journey or are experienced and want to learn about more ways to save, it’s important to understand the differences between retirement savings accounts and what’s best for your situation. Join Principal Financial for this webinar on Wednesday, August 19th at 12 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
- Your Brain on Food: How Your Diet Affects Your Mental Health – Celebrity Nutritionist Kelly Leveque interviews the Director of Nutritional and Lifestyle Psychology at Mass General to explore the science behind the food-mood link and offer actionable nutrition recommendations to optimize your mental health.
- FAQ 2020 Flu Season – the CDC has published an FAQ related to the 2020 Flu season and overlap with COVID-19.
- 3 Tips to Get Out of a Bad Mood – Even in the best of times, bad moods happen. Best-selling author, Gabby Bernstein, shares a few techniques to put into practice the next time you’re struggling to break out of a bad mood.
- Operation Backpack – This organization connects children in need with a new backpack filled with grade-specific school supplies. Learn more here about how you can support them here!
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Back to School and Beyond – Supporting working parents through the next phase of the child care crisis – This webinar, hosted by Maven, will discuss best practices to design supportive workplaces for parents, nuances for working parents navigating new back-to-school or childcare issues due to the pandemic, and tips and tools you can bring to your company. Tuesday, Aug 18th from 3 PM ET. RSVP HERE.
- Investing in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Employee Wellbeing – This webinar is a discussion with leaders at Google and Asurion, facilitated by a psychologist specializing in understanding race and racism. Hear about strategies for fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and how you can apply them to your own organization. Thursday, August 20th at 2 PM ET.
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.