When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- Simplify Your Time Management With the ‘Rule of 4’ – There are hard limits to what your brain can manage in a day. Understanding these limits can help you fine-tune your approach to time management.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Warning Signs of Mental Illness in Children – Parents and family members are usually the first to notice if a child has difficulties with emotions or behavior. Your observations, along with those of others who are around your child, can help determine whether you should seek help. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) shares some key warning signs.
- How to Get Over a Friendship Breakup – The loss of a friendship can be devastating. Here are some pointers on how to deal with the loss in a healthy way.
- 5 Pieces of Money Advice No One Ever Wants to Hear from a Financial Planner – Just like being told to "eat your veggies", there is good advice given in the financial world that is also not easily embraced. Here are five top tips to have better cash flow, higher savings rates and more financial power.
- How to Stick to A Daily Blue Zones – Inspired Workout for Longevity – When it comes to longevity, daily movement is key. The ‘Blue Zones’ are areas of the world where people live the longest and are the healthiest. Here are the ways people in the ‘Blue Zones’ infuse easy movement into their day to day.
- ‘Pantry Hierarchy’ is Key for Kitchen Storage – Let’s face it, if our kitchen is difficult to navigate, we are not inspired to use it. And cooking at home is our best bet at getting healthy meals on the table. Expert Organizer, Emily Henderson, offers some ideas for keeping our pantries organized and ready to use.
- Why We Should Welcome Emotions at Work – Do emotions have a place at work? Psychologist Susan David explains why it’s necessary, and even beneficial, to make space for emotions and tips for honing your emotional agility.
- May Yoga Calendar – Scroll down for your free Yoga with Adriene calendar and playlist for the month. If you are thinking that you might benefit from a regular at-home yoga practice, look no further. Each day has a new yoga video link. Drop in through the month or join the daily practice for the whole month!
- 7 in 10 Americans Agree That 2020 Made Them a Better Person – Here’s How – According to a new survey, 74% of Americans say 2020 has made them more aware of the needs of others—and more selfless than ever before. Here are the top ways Americans are embracing the idea of neighborly love.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Mental Health Awareness Month’s Timely Arrival – May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and if ever Americans needed to reflect on our collective psychological well-being, now is the time. See my piece on the Alera blog that discusses misconceptions about mental health, where to turn for help, and how to support our colleagues.
- Supporting the Mental Health of Your Team: Guidance for Leadership and HR Professionals – Workforces all over the world have shifted how they operate over the past year and will continue to adjust in the coming year. This has led employees to experience unhealthy levels of stress and burnout. Join this session, led by a Modern Health provider, to learn how to recognize, create a psychologically safe space, support and respond to the countless demands impacting your team’s mental health. Join this event on Friday, May 14th at 12 PM ET.
- Lead Through Change: Learn the Secrets to Building Dream Teams from CEOs and HR leaders – In the Optima21 virtual conference, you can hear from Patrick Lencioni (leadership, teamwork, and organizational health expert), Mike Zani (CEO of The Predictive Index), Dara Treseder (SVP, Global Marketing and Communications @ Peloton) and more. Browse the agenda here and join on May 12, 2021.