Do you have strong organizational skills with employee benefits experience?
Do you thrive in a problem-solving, team environment?
Would you love a career with an outstanding firm that you can grow with?
AIA, Alera Group is growing and is hiring a SPECIALTY BENEFITS MANAGER. If you are seeking a high-level support role with a growing company and you are an upbeat person with the skills below–this could be a great career move for you!
This position works both independently and collaboratively to provide customized services to our clients in our Employee Health Benefits division. At AIA, Alera Group we create value through a focus on excellent service, communication, and attentiveness to our clients. The Specialty Benefits Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Specialty Benefits in meeting clients’ day-to-day departmental needs related to Specialty Benefits, which include voluntary benefits such as Critical Illness, Cancer, Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Permanent Life Insurance. This position may include managing Specialty Benefits support staff as the department grows.
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of Specialty Benefits products and carriers
- Conduct Opportunity Assessments following a consistent process for each case
- Manage the RFP process from RFP submission to timely receipt of proposals. Carrier and plan selection will be at the discretion of the Account Managers and the Director
- Assist Director with recommendations and client presentations as needed
- Responsible for implementation and enrollment vendor support of all sold cases to include project timeline development, implementation paperwork completion, coordination of enrollment services and carrier deliverables
- Oversee servicing of all claims, billing issues and service issues as they arise
- Assist in the development of Specialty Benefits marketing collateral, templates and presentations
- Responsibilities extend to partnerships with Alera Group firm clients in addition to SIG clients
- Assigned tasks must be completed by due dates. Email communication, presentations, and documents should be reviewed thoroughly for accuracy before being shared outside the organization. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required. This position also requires the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience working with group insurance benefit administration, human resources processes/procedures, ancillary products, or health care customer service
- MD and PA License for Accident, Life/Health or acquire within 6 months of hire
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Keen problem-solving skills
- Sharp written and oral communication skills
- High emotional IQ and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with a team
- Willingness and ability to travel to client meetings when asked with reasonable notice
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
Intelligence, curiosity, and enthusiasm are all necessary for success in our environment. Entrepreneurial attitude a plus. We offer a collegial environment with benefits including health/401(k)/dental/vision and work/life balance.