Do you have sharp communication skills?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment?
Would you love a career with an outstanding firm that you can grow with?
AIA, Alera Group is growing and is hiring a Healthcare Account Executive for our Mechanicsburg, PA office. We take a highly personalized service approach to clients’ needs and create value through teamwork and a focus on excellence in all aspects of our business.
This position leads the strategic benefit planning process with employer clients, cultivates the client relationship, and is responsible for the quality of all consulting deliverables. These duties require a thorough understanding of benefit plan financial and utilization analytics, client service delivery, ancillary risk products, HR regulatory compliance, benefits technology, and healthcare reform implications. This position requires a range of skills and traits including, but not limited to:
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Clients – Providing guidance and expert advice to client management or other groups on group benefits, HR/compliance, population health management, and related topics
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others – Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used
- Analyzing Data or Information – Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Vendors/Carriers – Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards – Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Developing Objectives and Strategies – Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- New Business Development – Identify new business opportunities through community relationships and by cultivating existing client relationships through referral development
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships with Clients and Internal Staff – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge – Keeping up-to-date technically and continually applying new knowledge to your job
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Thinking Creatively – Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products
- Scheduling Work and Activities – Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others
Educational and Work Requirements:
- 5 years of relevant experience in healthcare underwriting, project management, and/or benefits consulting
- Bachelor’s degree in actuary, risk management, mathematics/statistics, health care, or related field
- Master’s Degree in related field a plus
- Health, Accident, and Life license is preferred or required within six (6) months of hire
- Willingness to travel when needed
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Employee Benefits – Knowledge of group insurance products, insurance principles, and employer benefit program structures and funding
- Health Care – General knowledge of healthcare delivery models, provider reimbursement, and healthcare utilization/health status measures
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Computer Applications – Proficient application of Microsoft Office Products including Excel. Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Effective Speaking and presentation skills – Talking to others to convey information effectively and comfort with public speaking
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help both clients and internal staff
Intelligence, curiosity, and enthusiasm are all necessary for success in our environment. Entrepreneurial attitude a plus. We offer a collegial environment with benefits including health/401(k)/dental/vision and work/life balance.
Apply now for immediate consideration! Resumes with cover letters will be given more consideration. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. No calls & no recruiters please. AIA, Alera Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.