When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Here's how we can help.
- The Seven Secrets of Indra Nooyi’s Success – As a woman who was formerly the PepsiCo CEO, Nooyi has many lessons to share from her years working to lead a company through change and see around the corners. Here are 7 important themes she touches on in her most recent book, My Life in Full, that give some perspective into how she managed her successful career as well as the many relationships in her life.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Three Steps to Understanding Your Partner’s Emotions – It’s not uncommon to get angry or overheated when talking about emotions. Many of us are not that proficient at processing our own feelings, let alone trusting that another person will be interested in hearing about them. Furthermore, many of us are not that skilled in listening to others without devaluating, defensiveness, or debate. Here are three steps that are essential in creating honest, open communication with your partner.
- How Rising Energy Prices Can Affect Your Wallet – Energy prices going up can impact your budget in a big way. And unfortunately, oil prices are up more than 65% and natural gas prices have more than doubled so far this year. This article will get you up to speed on what this means for your bottom line as well as how you can prep your finances for upcoming price increases.
- 12 Fall Vegetables You Should Know How to Cook – While it’s sad to see the summer vegetables disappear, there is an excitement that comes with the more interesting vegetables of fall. Here are 12 popular fall vegetables and some quick cooking advice for each one.
- The Best Kale Salad of All Time – Whether you are a kale lover or just curious about kale, this is the salad for you! I have made this salad for a wide variety of friends and family and one thing remains constant…. I always get asked for the recipe. Enjoy!
- For Happiness, Less Really is More: 6 Creative Ways to Actually Subtract – After being in lockdown for so many months, our instinct might be to ‘do it all’ once again once we can fully reenter our lives. But what if less is more? Here are six methods to find greater happiness, fulfillment, and satisfaction through subtracting rather than adding.
- Are You Burned Out or Is It Something Else? When feelings related to work stress become debilitating, we often automatically assume we are experiencing burnout. But not all feelings associated with work stress are consistent with the full psychological syndrome of burnout. This piece offers three questions to ask yourself to help you determine whether the feelings you have are consistent with burnout or if they’re something less serious that could lead to burnout if left unchecked.
- Ways to Give Back to Your Community on a Budget – When you are on a tight budget, it can be difficult to give away some of that much-needed money to a charitable organization. If you still feel the call to help your community even when you’re on a thin budget, you deserve some commendation. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to give back to your community on a budget. Some of them take more time and effort than others, but this article should give you a few good ideas for figuring out what works best for your unique situation.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Companies Prioritized Mental Health During COVID-19, So Why Are We Still So Burned Out? Employers have made sweeping investments to help employees manage their mental wellbeing through COVID-19. But with all the mental health benefits employees now have at their disposal, little about the demands of work got better and as a result, more workers are burning out, moving to new jobs or dropping out of the workforce. This article offers a great perspective on what else must change to further move the needle on mental health for employees.
- Virtual Pizza Parties, Pet Adoption Fees and On-Demand Babysitters: How the Pandemic Changed Employee Perks – As companies across many industries navigate the future of work — with some employees working permanently at home and others slowly returning to the office — they’re experimenting with how best to offer their scattered workforces perks to help keep employees motivated.
- Mental Health: Managing Stress & Year-End Burnout – As we enter the end of 2021, many of us may already be feeling the impact of stress and burnout creeping into our teams. As a people manager and/or organizational leader, taking care of your mental health and the mental wellbeing of your employees is critical during the end of a busy year. This webinar will be held on November 18th at 2 PM ET.