Happy (almost) Thanksgiving! For those of you who were able to take advantage of the Alera Virtual Wellbeing Fair, I’d like to draw your attention to our Vendor Resource Guide. This guide provides a summary of our presenters, their seminars, contact information and any discounts they are offering to Alera clients. Please feel free to reach out to any of these contacts should your team have interest.
Below you'll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Of note, there will be no Wellbeing Resources next week, the week of November 30th. Have a safe and healthy holiday!
- Which of these six time traps is eating up all of your time? – Time poverty affects all cultures and crosses all economic strata. Most of us feel this way. In 2012, about 50 percent of working Americans reported they were “always rushed,” and 70 percent “never” had enough time. In 2015, more than 80 percent said they didn’t have the time they needed. Learn about the most common time traps and how to overcome them.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- Screen Time & Our Kids’ Well-Being – Learning how to skillfully navigate an increasingly digital world with the children and youth in our lives is an ongoing challenge. This webinar will explore evidence-informed, practical and self-empowering ideas on how to support children's well-being and help them to self-regulate in our digital culture. Tuesday, November 24th at 12:30 PM ET.
- How to Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – While this year’s ‘parade’ will look very different, it will still take place! Learn the basics of the 2020 event and how you and your family can tune in!
- How to Choose Good Cheap Wine – The Fiscal Femme speaks to sommelier and wine educator, Hillary Zio, to learn the best tips for choosing delicious, good, cheap wine.
- Healthy Holiday Gift Guide 2020 – With over 90 products in 6 categories, mindbodygreen gives you lots of ideas to show your loved ones you are thinking of them.
- 8 Stretches You Should Do Every Morning to Feel Strong, Flexible and Grounded – A few minutes in your morning routine dedicated to stretching can be the perfect way to start your day.
- Gratitude Podcasts – With Thanksgiving upon us, here is a list of thankfulness podcasts that cover the science of gratitude to mindfulness and more.
- How to Make the Best of a Pandemic Winter – Many people are feeling anxious about how they will get through the lonely and bleak months ahead this winter. In this piece, psychologists talk about one mental shift that may help you conquer the dread of a pandemic winter.
- A Miracle on 34th Street for Tiny Owl Stowed Away in Rockefeller Christmas Tree – Thanks to the kindness of a worker who was helping to set up the iconic New York tree, this little owl has a second chance to fly.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Employers Give Employees the Gift of Time – Employers are realizing how hard employees have been working this year, both remote and in-person. This article discusses five ways in which employers are approaching the 2020 holiday season to ensure that employees stay healthy and can recharge.
- Alera Virtual Wellbeing Fair Vendor Guide – We are so pleased so many of you and your employees could attend our Virtual Wellbeing Fair. We are grateful to our many presenters and wanted to share additional information regarding their services that may be helpful in supporting your Wellbeing Program efforts. Please click here for a summary of our presenters, their seminars, contact information and any discounts being offered to Alera clients.